Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Recipe: Spinach and Feta Pasta (from ourbestbites.com)

My Rating: Awesome!  and so fast!
Remember that dinner rut I was talking about?  Well, I am really into trying new recipes now.  I happened upon this one and loved it!  Quick!  In fact, so quick that we ate dinner at 4:45 last night.  I was aiming for 5:00.  I doubled the pasta, as in added the whole 16 oz package.  I did that because I don't like half-opened packages in my cupboard.  It was fine, but made so much that I will probably just follow the recipe next time.  I added lots of extra spinach, like probably a total of about 8 large handfuls, and will probably add more next time.  In my opinion this wasn't even close to enough.  I used 2 regular-size cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, which I love.  I also added extra mushrooms and a total of about 6 oz of feta cheese.  I am in love with this recipe.  However, this afternoon I had some leftovers for lunch and it wasn't nearly as flavorful.  I'm going to try following the pasta to goodies ratio next time and see what happens.  I served this with a green salad and bread.  Here is the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment