Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Luz - Part 1

Happy Birthday to our sweet little girl Luz.  Today she is 3 years old.  As I rocked her to sleep for her nap today I thought to myself that there may not be that many more times I can rock her.  She's growing up and hardly fits on my lap anymore.  She will be moving into a big girl bed soon.  She may not want me to rock her in the not too distant future.  Sad.  I hugged her a little bit tighter and felt thankful that today I could rock her to sleep.  It's hard to believe that she's 3 already.

Happily, the guys were coming over today for piano.  Luz adores many people, but "the guys" are still on the top of the list.  They came bearing a gift...Dora Memory Game.  We have already played it several times.  She LOVES it!  Thank you!

Then we got ready to go to Macey's grocery store.  There, she got to buy her own ice cream cone.  She loves to order it herself and pay for it herself.  Best 50 cents I spent today.  She also picked out a cake mix, frosting, and ice cream (more to follow on that).
Yesterday I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner.  She thought for a moment, and then I suggested burritos (you know, something different).  She emphatically stated that she wanted hot dogs and happy birthday salad (orange fluff) and then I suggested we also have uvas (grapes) to pretend there was something healthy in the meal. :)  She made the happy birthday salad.
Here she is with her 3rd birthday dinner.  Looks like Luz and Matthew have something in common.
So, we were planning to make the cake together when we got home from Macey's.  However, Luz was just too tired and needed a nap.  So, I put Luz her down for a nap.  Meanwhile, I decided that we could bake the cake together either tonight or tomorrow.  Also, our cute little neighbor's 5th birthday is also today, and when he found out it was also Luz' birthday, he brought some of his birthday cupcakes over to share.  So, tonight we sang, "Happy Birthday," and ate those cupcakes.  Thanks Che!  Ours will get made and eaten sometime this weekend.

A big "thank you," to Tio Matthew, Abuela, and Tia Stephanie for the special phone calls!

1 comment:

  1. She's such a doll and you are such a good mom! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete