Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to Luz - Part 2

We asked Luz a couple of weeks ago what she wanted for her birthday and she replied, "A haircut."  Well, alright then.  This all came about because last month I was combing her hair and mentioned to Juan that I thought it would be good to give her a trim.  She has never had a haircut and her ends often tangle up during the course of the day.  We do what we can to avoid tangles and such, but sometimes you just need to trim those ends.  Anyway, when I mentioned it to Juan, he replied that we should take her to a place.  I was curious as to why.  I am pretty sure I could trim her hair and do an ok job for a 3 year old at least.  He said that it would be good to teach her that we go to places to get our hair cut and that we absolutely DO NOT do this at home.  Good point.  So, we went.  She was nervous, but was a trooper.  We went the same place Juan goes and I was not happy with them at all.  The girl was incompetent and mean to Luz.  I do not like either of those qualities.  We will be going to a "just for kids" place next time.  I forgot to take a "before" picture.  The other thing was that I had told the girl 1 inch and she just kept chopping away.  I think she ended up getting about 3 inches off.


No comments:

Post a Comment