Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Recipe: Died and Gone to Heaven Cake (from Devil's Food Cake)

My Rating: Amazing!
I mentioned this book previously when I reviewed Evil Chicken Dinner by Laree.  I absolutely loved Devil's Food Cake!  And I really, really enjoyed both making and eating this dessert.  Tio Matthew and I actually made this for Father's Day, but alas, we were so full from eating Angel Chicken Pasta that we did not get around to eating it until today.  We made it in 2 pie dishes and used half the recipe in each (but actually ended up using almost a full container of ice cream in each).  I really liked the chocolate sauce made with the Hershey's syrup and sweetened condensed milk.  It was the perfect combination of chocolate gooey-ness for me.  I used Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, which we all loved, as well as chopped walnuts in lieu of pecans.  Enjoy!

The recipe is found here.  Click to download recipes from the book!


No comments:

Post a Comment