Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Salad (I may be doing something right)

We eat a lot of salad in our house.  But this story started about a week ago when Juan, Luz and I went out to eat.  We ordered Luz a quesadilla and applesauce.  I ordered a fish sandwich and salad.  Well, Luz ate her applesauce while I ate my sandwich and then very demandingly wanted my salad.  She ate almost my entire salad while I started to try to get her to eat her quesadilla instead.  But then I thought, hey, I'm so happy that she wants the salad!  Here is a not-so-great shot of her devouring my salad at Art City Trolley in Springville.  (picture taken with a really bad glare on my phone)

The saga continues...tonight we had salad as our first course for dinner.  Well, we do that every night.  Apparently I have been depriving my daughter of full salad satisfaction.  For several months now I have just made the salad in individual bowls.  But Tio Matthew has requested that I do it like a normal person and make a big salad that we can all serve ourselves.  So, I decided to give everyone back their agency (at least as far as quantity goes) and do it the normal way.  Luz ate 3 full bowls of salad.  She just kept eating and eating it!  YEAH for salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment