Friday, July 9, 2010

A great lady: Cheryl Feland

I attended a funeral today and wanted to write a little bit about Cheryl.  Cheryl is married to George, who was my dad's best friend growing up.  I think they met in 3rd grade.  I grew up hearing stories about Dad and George from my dad, grandparents, aunt, and uncle.  Everyone had lots of stories about Dad and George.  When my parents were dating and newly married, they all lived in Provo and my Mom started her own collection of "George stories."  I don't actually recall the first time I met Cheryl, but I remember my parents talking about how perfect she was for George.

Today I learned some things about Cheryl that I didn't know before.  She served as Young Women President for 11 years in a row.  It takes a VERY special lady to do that!  She was very musical.  I already knew that she was an amazing wife, mother, and grandmother.  And that she was a teacher for many years and later became a school administrator.

What I will most remember about Cheryl is how openly she loved people.  During a conversation, she always made me feel like I was the most important person.  Here is her obituary.

No comments:

Post a Comment