Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book Review: Spires of Stone by Annette Lyon (LDS Fiction) - Part 3 of 4

My Rating: A little slower than House on the Hill and At the Journey's End...or maybe I was just way more tired.  Also, this book did not have the same characters as the previous two...I was expecting more connections.  All in all, still a very good book.
Appropriate for: Young adults, Adults
From the back cover: When Ben and his two brothers come home after more than two years of serving a mission to the Eastern states, Bethany's feelings of heartache and anger also return--fiercer than ever.  And so do Ben's feelings for her.  What follows is a charming historical romance complete with wonderful characters and witty dialogue that explores the redemption and power of finding--and rediscovering--true love.  I enjoyed this book because it had a more complex plot and I felt like I came to know the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment