Monday, August 16, 2010

New Recipe: Stuffed Mini Peppers

Monday dinner: Pinto beans cooked in the Crockpot, corn tortillas heated, a little bit of grated cheese and sour cream, lettuce, carrots, and stuffed mini peppers.

The beans and tortillas along with a salad is a pretty standard meal for us.  My brother Samuel has recently come to live with us and he eats a lot.  I decided the meal was missing something.  I looked in my empty fridge and saw the rest of the bag of mini peppers that I bought last week to go in the stir-fry.  I then had used them in a great salad, and still quite a few left.  There was a recipe on the bag that went something like this, but I modified it with what I had.

Recipe:
1 package cream cheese, softened
Herbs (I used a little bit of thyme, a little bit of basil, and a little bit of dill)
I cut open the tops of the peppers most of the way, leaving the tops attached, took out the seeds and stuffed the mixture inside.  I sprayed a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and put them all on it.  I think I baked them on 400 for about 15 minutes.
My Rating:  Yummy, pretty easy

No comments:

Post a Comment