Sunday, August 15, 2010

What do you eat?

People ask me, "If you don't eat as much meat, what, exactly, do you eat?"  I have decided to post what we eat for dinner for a week or two for my own benefit.  We eat more meat than is ideal, in my opinion, but we generally use it as a condiment.  We are not a "raw" family.  That means that my husband is a little resistant to things going too far, so I do what I can.  One more disclaimer is that I'm pregnant and don't have much energy.  So, we'll see how my posts go...

Sunday dinner:  A casserole with almost all of the veggies in my fridge.  Potatoes (scrubbed with skin on), carrots, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, green onions.  I diced the potatoes and boiled them with the carrots until they were tender crisp.  Then I cut everything else up and mixed it together with a can of cream of mushroom soup (completely unhealthy) and a can of cream of celery soup (also bad for you).  Sprayed a casserole dish with non-stick spray, put the mixture in the pan and sprinkled cheese on top.  I cooked it on 400 for about 25 minutes and we enjoyed a tasty dinner.  Pretty good for no dinner plan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment